“FOR PERFORMING ROCK AND ROLL . . THERE’S ONLY ONE THING YOU NEED: NERVE” – LESTER BANGS, 1980
- Everything Is Tolerable!
- Fakin’ It
- Can You Smell My Hair’s On Fire?
- Take A Few And Call Me In Two Months
- Get On With It
- My Head Is Swimming
- Grasping At Straws
- Don’t B Scrrrrd
- 0 2 60 2 6
- How Many Times Do I Gotta Tell Ye?
Master – Dan Fur
Merely four months after the release of his debut album, Get Your Shit Together!, Chuck W. has returned to rock your socks into the stratosphere. Somewhat spacier, certainly darker, and definitely more thematic, this record is an interesting twist on what you’ve already seen coming from the NY based Synthesist.
Please check out this Small World Explained document if you’d like to learn more about the inspirations, fears, anxieties, influences and emotions that allowed for this album to come to be. Full disclosure – It is extensive and will be offered along side the digital download.
Press Page: Small World Press Release
Press Page For Small World: Music Videos
‘Fakin’ It‘ Music Video
Fakin’ It is the first single from my second self-released full length album, Small World. Fakin’ It, with the help of some pitch bending and oddly placed brass, portrays what it is like to live in the modern day rat race. We smile, we work diligently, all while wearing a mask or suit daily. Hiding true emotions in favor of promotions. Just keep fakin’ it til you make it, baby!
‘Claustrophobia’ Music Video
The Second Single from Small World, Claustrophobia, does not exactly require explanation after all that you’ve read above regarding this album. Just watch the video above and I think you’ll realize pretty quick the direction it’s headed – Thanks and enjoy!
…Became a way of life for me during a rough patch one Summer which I do not wish to discuss further. Confinement quickly begat cabin fever, which logically begat full blown agoraphobia.
… It wasn’t simply my agoraphobia which became apparent. This is something which becomes obvious, and only after you’re affected sometimes, where you see that everyone else wears this expression of tension and agoraphobia on their face just the same. It’s just that before you didn’t know what it looked like or what to look for.
Small World is not merely about my experience and realization.
It is also about how in modern, garbage America this agoraphobia had led to xenophobia and eventually claustrophobia as well. So, as you might be able to tell, a bit dark. Same time, not really. It’s more an observation. One I’m inside of but have no choice but ambivalence.
Press Page For Small World Presents … Press . . For … Err, Small World!
- Glitter and Stilettos did a very kind write-up on Small World.
- Stereo Stickman had some very nice things to say.
- SketchyKids.com provided a review for your perusing here.
- BeatBoxSaboteurs did a write-up on Small World and the single ‘Claustrophobia’ over HERE!
- GetNews.Info – I thank you!
- DailyMusicRoll.com rated ‘Small World’ a 4.3/5 in their review of my Teaser track, ‘The First Road To Small World’.
- RatingsGameMusic just released some very kind words regarding “Small World” just the other day, where they scored it 3/3 stars. Please check out the write-up here.
- Instagram Influencer @musicpremiers gave a big world shout out to a small one here.
- Mr. Mike O’Cull had some very kind and blush-worthy words about the same track as listed directly above. Read his article here.
For Media inquiries please feel welcome to contact me here. Thanks!