As of now the site only contains the work of Eve and I, at the present. Eve is an Artist and film enthusiast with a focus on horror. Please check out some of her stuff here and here.
Hello and welcome to Chuck W. dot com!
Information About ChuckW.com : Here we explore synths, cats, music, movies and life. First of all, I’d like to tell you a little about me just because… – I am a 31 year old musician and filmmaker, residing in Amityville, New York. Most importantly, I’ve been playing Drums since the age of 8, when my Mother found my first kit sitting by the side of the road. She tossed it in the back of her car, immediately got me lessons and never, ever allowed me to quit. For that, I am forever grateful.
Due to years of repetitive stress syndrome I am sad to report that it seems I am physically unable to play drums with any longevity at all. So, what’s a lifelong musician to do when dealt these cards? Why, turn to synthesizers, of course. While I am NOT grateful for my injury, I am grateful for the corner it placed me in. It forced me to leave my comfort zone and dive into something I truly had no idea about, slowly building my knowledge through YouTube videos, Reddit, Textbooks and many many mistakes.
Problems Seen in the Synth Community
From what I’ve seen, I’m yet to stumble across a ‘one-stop’ shop of information. My goal is to bridge this gap and open up a conversation within the community to address (at least) the following issues:
- Analog Presets – What do these knobs do?
- Patching – what jack goes to what jack and why?
- CV basics and beyond
Please feel welcome to contribute your trials, tribulations or solutions. Odds are if you’re not asking your question, someone else out there has the same one and is too shy to ask. Don’t feel shy here! There’s no judgment or abuse of users opinions’ on this page.
What sort of solutions should I anticipate from this site?
Excellent question! Off the top of my head this is what I was considering:
- It might be physical, as in a device that ‘bridges the gap’
- It might be a guide (more likely)
- It might be technological in nature, as in converters or workarounds
- How to patch a certain way to achieve particular sounds
How will you provide these solutions?
I’m so glad you asked!
- Physical Device? No stinking clue. Though, it really depends on the issue
- Write something up . . . Like what I’m doing here and now . .
- Build an interactive site that allows you to play with knobs and cables to replicate sounds. I don’t know if I have the ability to make it a VCV Rack type deal, where it actually sounds the notes, but we shall certainly find out!
- Pictures and textual explanations in regards to how certain sounds are in fact achieved.
So, who Exactly is this Site Meant For?
- This site is for people looking for patches
- This site is for people looking to further their CV knowledge
- This site is for the novice up through the master